Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bass Ackwards

Dear family and friends,
If you would like to humor me, you can choose to read these posts from bottom to top to appreciate the story as it was intended - if I were more clever, I would've posted the story backwards, and this would've been an easier experience for you, the reader.

Just to the right of this long paragraph is list of "Blog Archives" - these are listed in the "correct order", from top to bottom; if you will link and read the first, "Over the Bridge..." then "Blackberry...thru Fuji lens..." then "Inside the Cabin..." etc, my clumsy efforts will not have been in vain. I have my mother to blame for this obsession with "order." Ask her.
I promise no more arcane instructions, should you decide to revisit this website some day.

These posts are intended to chronicle my move to this very special place and to be an invitation for you to come visit.

....I will only remove the doors to the bathrooms after your 5th day here.

For those of you not familiar with the community of Ellijay, the southern terminus of the Appalachian Trail starts at Amicalola Falls just up the road about 15 minutes; there is a wondrous pumpkin farm on the right just before you get to Amicalola Falls--open to the public, they have everything from hay rides, corn mazes, strange looking gourds to blue pumpkins. Rich Mountain, only 5 minutes from the cabin, has over 15 miles of hiking and biking trails - I understand the biking trails are very challenging and not for the faint of heart. See http://tinyurl.com/lv4myc

There is a link on the right side of this blog to the Gilmer County Chamber which has more links for local sights and events. For those of you who just want to sit on the back porch in a rocking chair with a glass of iced tea and take in the view, I'll be joining you!

No comments:

Post a Comment